Looking for golf equipment, but afraid of getting confused by the huge variety of brands and models? Let us help you! Today, we will present you with top 5 brands producing one of the best if not the best golf equipment on the planet. Hopefully, that will help you narrow down the products to look among and significantly shorten the search time. Let’s get started with our top 5!
- Titleist is the maker of the most widely played golf ball on tours, the Pro-V1. The company’s clubs have been repeatedly considered the best models you can get. Titleist makes huge investments into golf – the manufacturer has the most number of top-50 golfers than any other company, most notably Adam Scott. Now that surely demonstrates the seriousness of their approach!
- TaylorMade-Adidas. The number one driver belongs to TaylorMade. And that’s not surprising as the company’s initial success came with the innovation of metal drivers in 1979, which then became the most dominating drivers on the market. TaylorMade’s presence in professional golf is also quite solid, and while the brand doesn’t have contract with Woods or Mickelson, it sponsors such known golfers as Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, and Sergio Garcia.
- Callaway, being the world’s largest maker of golf clubs, is the number three brand on our list. The company is widely considered the most innovative in the field of irons. They have introduced some risky design choices, which have been successful enough to become a standard. Lately, Callaway has carried out a huge marketing plan to freshen the name of the brand on the market. The company has some strong deals with such golfers as Chris Kirk, Hideki Matsuyama, Patrick Reed, and Gary Woodland.
- Being one of the most known producer of widely recognized quality putters, Ping occupies the number four position on the ranking. Ping was the first golf brand to offer high quality cast clubs, which both reduced costs and presented better quality control for more advanced and high-tech features. The most notable feature of their clubs is the customizable clubhead. Ping’s first success was the release of the quality Eye 2 irons more than 2 decades ago.
Ping has signed with 7 golfers from the top 50 of Official World Golf Ranking. They sponsor such golfers as Bubba Watson, Martin Kaymer, Billy Horschel, and Hunter Mahan
- Besides being one of the most known sports equipment manufacturers in the world, Nike has quite sturdy positions in the world of golf. One of the first notable investments of Nike into golf was its $40 million deal with Tiger Woods. Woods signed the deal with Nike in 1996 immediately after turning pro. In 2000, Woods signed a $105 million 5-year contract extension with Nike. Besides, the brand has such a golfer in its ranks as Rory Mcllroy since early 2013. With only Charl Schwartzel joining Nike, the company isn’t that featured in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking. Thus, Nike earns the number five position on our top.